Bodyworks 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
This program is an amazing opportunity to study in-depth the practice of yoga, whether you are interested in becoming a teacher or are a dedicated students interested in deepening your understanding.
Yoga Teacher Training is not about learning how to do a bunch of crazy complicated yoga postures with grace. It’s about getting to the root of who you are, what you want in your life, and how to get there. As Rolf Gates says, “Yoga is when you bring your values and your actions into alignment.”
Each week, you will look forward to this time that you have dedicated to yourself for your own growth and self-care.
Some of the key topics we will cover:
- An Introduction to Vinyasa Yoga: What is it and where did it come from?
- Principles of Alignment: Learn the basic building blocks of alignment and how to apply them to every pose.
- Yoga Philosophy: Dissect the rich history of yoga and learn the ten basic principles, non-violence, truthfulness, non stealing, non excess, nonpossessivness, purity, contentment, self-discipline, self-study and surrender. Infuse these principles into your life and watch daily life transform.
- Meditation and Breath: Why are these so important in yoga?
- Yoga Anatomy & Physiology: Not the sometimes boring anatomy taught in university courses, but rather practical, valuable information about what’s happening in the yoga postures on a physical level, and energetic level.
- Transformational Teaching Skills: Uncover your voice! Almost everyone has a fear of teaching. You’ll overcome this fear once you have knowledge, a plan, and practice.
- Principles of Sequencing: Get a look behind the scenes! There is an art to designing an effective yoga class. You’ll master this.
- Personal Mentorship and guidance from Natasha Walters and Stacy Rans: Before you graduate, you will teach a Community Class to the audience of your choice. You’ll be coached throughout this process by your Lead Trainers.
- Ignite Your Home Practice: Get on your mat every single day, even if it’s just for 5 minutes. Learn to lead yourself.
Upon completion of teacher training you will be qualified to register with the Yoga Alliance at the 200 Hour Level as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT200). You’ll also receive priority consideration for employment as a Bodyworks Yoga Teacher.
Interested in diving deeper, but not wanting to learn to teach?
Our yoga practice immersion is designed for students who want to study yoga in-depth, but do not want learn to teach yoga. This immersion will change your yoga practice and includes all of the philosophy, anatomy and alignment teachings.
Immersion training will meet alongside the teacher training on Wednesday evenings from 5-8PM. This program meets along with Teacher Training participants, but less hours.
Restoring Balance: Bodyworks 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
January 24 – May 10
Attend one additional yoga class per week in the studio, or online
1.5 hours weekly
Observe 3 yoga classes
during the course of the training
Attend Wednesday night and weekend sessions
5:00 – 9:30 pm
Teach one Community Class of your choice
at any organization
Read How Yoga Works
by Geshe Micheal Roach
Take one weekend workshop
At the studio of your choice
Featured Guest Teacher
Adri Kyser is an International Yoga Teacher and Wellness Coach with a strong and dedicated following. She was born and raised in Caracas Venezuela, where she went to Law School for a few years before moving to the US. Adri’s caring, unique and authentic approach to yoga and wellness stems from her personal experience in coping with chronic back pain for over a decade. Adri’s classes, events and programs are creative, fun and inspiring with the right amount of Latin Spice.
Adri is one of Shiva Rea’s senior teachers and she has received an extensive and growing list of certifications in multiple holistic and wellness modalities her clients find physical, mental and emotional balance.
In addition, Adri has been featured in several incredible fitness and wellness brands, and her expertise has appeared in a number of publications.
Adri has helped hundreds of women worldwide live a more mindful, healthy, and balanced lifestyle by providing classes, coaching sessions, and specialty programs that teach how to discover and develop the innate power of true inner beauty. She loves and supports charities like Yoga Gives Back and the Healing Hands Foundation, two non-profit organizations making a positive difference in the world.
Learn more about Adri at her website: https://adrikyser.com/
Yoga, Ayurveda & Aromatherapy with Adri Kyser
(Included in the cost of teacher training, extra fee for immersion only students)
Review basic principles of Ayurveda
Application of Ayurveda Principles to Yoga Sadhana
Yogic Consideration and Adaptations for each Dosha Constitution
Yoga Asanas for balancing each Dosha
Learn to create Yoga Classes and/or Home Practices using an Ayurvedic therapeutic approach
Aromatherapy application to balance Doshas and Chakras
Learn how to use Aromatherapy for specific themed Yoga Classes, home practices (detox, emotional well being, etc)
Pranayama practices (7 different techniques) as taught by Ayurveda expert and author Dr. Vasant Lad
Yoga teachers will learn how to create effective, healing and balancing yoga practices for private clients using key words, appropriate asanas and pranayamas, seasonal considerations, room set up, music
Yoga students will leave with a mini sequence specially designed for the Ayurvedic constitution